Olbermann is right. They should resign. But they don’t have the decency even for that.
July 4, 2007
July 3, 2007
It is almost the 4th of July, the birthday of our country, the day we declared ourselves independent from England. But how close are we today to what the founding fathers were fighting against.
Here is a link to the entire text of the Declaration of Independence. Look at some of these complaints they had against King George of England and see if you notice that the same things can me said about to complain about King George of the White House:
- He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
- He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers.
- He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
- He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.
- He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
- For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:
- For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences:
- He has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
- He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries
to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun
with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.
- In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in
the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only
by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every
act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.
This was the remedy of our founding fathers:
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably
the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute
Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such
Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security
What is OUR remedy? And who is willing to sign it?
July 3, 2007
We need to march. We need to tell the government and the rest of the American people that it is NOT OK to have one set of rules for Bush, Cheney & their buddies and another set for the rest of us. We need to make signs and put them over the highways. We need to put bumper stickers like these on our cars.
We need to take action! NOW!!!!
July 2, 2007
Why do you think that Scooter Libby’s sentence needs to be commuted? Why is it you opinion that a man who outed a CIA agent, lied to the FBI, and got convicted for obstruction of justice should serve no jail time?
“I respect the jury’s verdict. But I have concluded that the prison sentence given to Mr. Libby is excessive,” Bush’s statement said. “Therefore, I am commuting the portion of Mr. Libby’s sentence that required him to spend thirty months in prison.
My mom is an addict and she sold drugs. She is in a Texas prison for up to nine years, and her crimes
did not hurt the CIA,
did not hurt the search for WMD
did not damage a CIA front company
did not waste FBI time or money.